Project Manager Level I (Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone)
The Unforgotten Fund – Sierra Leone (UNFF-SL) is a nonprofit organization that works to build the capacity of communities to address the social causes that vulnerable women face. To achieve its mission, UNFF-SL designs and facilitates community-level programming, provides tailored technical assistance services, and offers a range of support to community groups. In the longer term, we expect the project to have a positive impact on poverty reduction for marginalized girls and their households.
MISSION: Working towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Management of Projects
The Project Manager will be based in Freetown, Sierra Leone. She/he will develop and implement projects which aim to support vulnerable children and women, which will empower them and enhance their well-being.
Work duties may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Project Management
- Re-strategize the Aid For Trash Dump Children Project. Write and implement a project plan that focuses on the education, life skills development, and monitoring of vulnerable children.
- Develop and enhance relationships with the waste picking communities, stakeholders, partners and school administrators.
- Identify primary school aged waste-pickers (especially targeting marginalized girls) who are being raised by single mothers living in or near the trash dumpsites for sponsorship.
- Research education and empowerment of marginalized girls, and write publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing.
- Identify partnership, corporate sponsors, business sponsors, and funding opportunities and promote relationship-building among UNFF-SL and other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
- Regularly collect accurate data, and make improvements to the project to achieve maximum impact.
- Ensure that project finances are effectively managed.
- Ensure project staff and teachers are efficient and effective in their project roles.
- Enroll sponsored children into primary school; arrange tutoring and provisions, monitor retention and quality of education to enable the girls to succeed.
- Primary Education – coordinate learning tracks of literacy and basic Mathematics, English, etc. at the Unforgotten Bridge School.
- Co-ordinate training of teachers in additional areas such as self-efficacy, Child Protection, quality, literacy and numeracy.
(3) Life Skills
- Develop structured programs where girls will develop life skills in health, self-confidence, leadership, community development, and address issues that affect their lives.
(4) Reporting and Communication
- Provide regular updates and reports to the Country Director on all issues pertaining to project management.
- Ensure good internal communication practices are in place and in collaboration with but not limited to the Field Office, sponsored children, and community on a regular basis.
- Administer team meetings.
- Monitor progress of children with periodic home visits, meetings with teacher/instructors; and documenting their progress.
- Prepare progress reports for donors. Reports should detail progress made by each child. Prepare annual reports summarizing program.
- Ensure the documentation of experiences and lessons learned for the betterment of the program.
- Create photographic images and videos for illustration of sponsored women throughout the project duration.
- Facilitate development of a video documenting progress-to-date and accomplishment of program goals.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to public health, social work, development, business management, and/or community-based issues.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with an ability to recommend, negotiate, and influence within a collaborative framework.
- Demonstrated initiative to analyze and resolve problems quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership coaching, conflict resolution and group facilitation.
- Excellent presentation skills and demonstrated experience in presenting complex information to key stakeholders and external audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Yahoo mail, Dropbox, and internet research.
- Professional level of writing and fluency in English.
- Ability to prioritize own work.
All interested candidates should submit their CV/resume to email@example.com